Despite being the UK’s largest water-only supplier Affinity Water fell into that category. Threats were being posed by great change within their industry. However, our skill and expertise ensured Affinity didn’t lose their edge.
During a time of great business change, BPS offered a professional, punctual and friendly recruitment service. As well as sourcing a large number of candidates BPS introduced several best practices to recruitment including the structure of interviews and a robust scoring mechanism of candidates. This allowed for a fair and in-depth assessment of candidates as well as making Affinity Water seem more professional to prospective employees.
Andrew McIlwraith, Programme Manager – Affinity Water
1. Affinity required rapid mobilisation of teams for a number of projects, meaning they had to hire the right people quickly in order to successfully deliver.
2. The business needed to refine their contractor operations and move towards a TUPE process without interrupting their day-to-day operations.
3. In response to upcoming deregulation, Affinity needed to have an engaging employer brand and attraction process.
4. There was a requirement to reduce operating costs to ensure the future deregulated wholesale business was competitive.
1. We undertook a detailed review of Affinity’s organisational design and established clear definitions for each role..2. We conducted an independent salary benchmarking exercise to identify if pay and packages were competitive.
3. We appointed an independent contractor to ensure the TUPE process could commence without having an impact on operations. To achieve this our separation strategy independently defined roles within the TUPE process to ensure Affinity’s recruitment requirements didn't compromise each other.
4. We created a suite of materials to enhance their employer brand, ranging from job board advertising to an industry-first digital job advert video centred on the benefits of working for Affinity.
5. We held Assessment Centres to deliver a large volume of recruitment and optimise manager time while delivering an exceptional candidate experience.
Essentially, we helped a huge organisation successfully negotiate a potentially difficult period and manage new challenges.