Global Fintech plugs IT talent gaps to meet expansion goals
We utilised our product suite to think outside the box in terms of how we sourced,recruited and ensured 4Finance remained compliant.
Hiring of software developers to fulfil the client’s brief.
Creation of an embedded account team to oversee assessments and delivery.
Handling of all aspects of compliance to meet legal requirements.
1. 4F needed to recruit fast to meet their growth goals but multi-national banks and big blue-chip companies were hoovering up qualified candidates in the local region.
2. Sourcing talent from larger EU markets proved to be difficult due to wage disparity. The average wage in the Czech Republic is €1,067 per month, compared to Germany where the average is €3,745 per month.
3. 4F required assistance in the hiring process, including running assessments to successfully source the right candidates.
4. Resourcing from overseas requires compliance expertise and the ability to undertake necessary checks and manage relocation processes.
1. Our first point of action was to source candidates from the Czech Republic, Latvia and Poland. Candidates from these regions are free to work in the Czech Republic without a work permit and local salaries are comparative.
2. While this met with some success we needed to try a different approach to fulfil the client’s requirement. As an action, our World Solutions team identified a highly-qualified talent pool available within the Ukraine, Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan.
3. As part of this approach we ran a number of assessment centres, primarily in Kiev, to bring onboard Java7, Java8 and QA automation engineers. We made 80 IT hires in years one and three and 120 hires in year two. Alongside this project, we also ran targeted recruitment projects to establish new teams and establish capabilities in data analytics.
4. World Solutions managed all data and document collections, application completion, translations and submission for the selected candidates. This ensured the candidate had the highest possible chance of success in obtaining a work permit.
Client requirement met for sourcing and delivery of software developers.
World solutions team ensured 4F remained fully compliant.
Embedded account management team reduced cost and time to hire.
Substantial hiring savings delivered in year one.
Reduced time to offer from 43 days to 20 days.
Speak to our experts
Looking to solve your most pressing people challenge?
Fill in the form to find out more about BPS Labs.