That’s certainly the case with the M+W Group. They enjoy heritage relationships dating back over 100 years and have demonstrated their engineering excellence with project wins including a £150m Waste to Energy facility, major Nuclear Decommissioning projects and a £26m Cell Therapy Facility to name a few. However, while M+W are a thriving construction specialist, we still found ways to increase their attraction and onboarding processes and make their recruitment strategy more effective.
I have worked with the team at BPS for nearly 2 years and we have recruited over 200 people during that time. Their operational and commercial awareness has been invaluable in order to deliver against tight deadlines in a sometimes very challenging environment where requirements and availability of our managers can change every day.
Jacquie Burgess, Head of UK HR – M+W Group
Successfully grew the company's nuclear division from four people to 80 employees.
Redefined M+W’s resourcing and recruitment processes.
Our Business Intelligence suite now tracks and reports on the whole hiring process and time to hire.
We’ve saved M+W time and money by streamlining and consolidating their invoicing procedures.
1. M+W had an in-house recruitment resource to manage the whole hiring process. But to keep on top of demand they were using in excess of 80 agencies who provided an inefficient service and inconsistent quality of candidate.
2. Given the varied nature of M+W’s business there was a constant demand for contractors. This brought about its own challenges concerning contractor management and compliance.
3. M+W needed a solution to streamline their processes so that they could meet project demands, attract the best talent and further grow the business.
1. One of the key outcomes of this project has been to centralise M+W’s talent management process. That meant taking complete ownership of their supply chain, with each agency signing up to our charter which detailed service level agreements and ensured consistency in selection.
2. Our recruitment team used their skill and expertise to ensure supply was always met in a world of rapidly changing resourcing requests.
3. An in-house team and an online contractor management portal resolved all queries while our World Solutions team offered workforce management across the globe, as well as the UK.
4. We worked with M+W’s HR team to add value to their people strategy by making their onboarding and induction processes slicker.