Against a backdrop of global skills shortages, uncovering niche talent has become an art form. It requires a well-connected network, speed of thought and the ability to act decisively.
But most importantly you need a great understanding of the brief and your client.
When Infosys have needed to find technical expertise, we’ve provided them with rare skills in different locations on a global scale.
BPS have worked efficiently and expertly to deliver both permanent and contract candidates to our projects throughout Asia. They have been quick to react when we have urgent, ‘hard to find’ requirements and they have been successful in providing creative solutions to local talent shortages
Carol Peres – Head of HR Asia Pacific
Expert resourcing of niche talent
Negotiation of complex local and international logistical issues
High-quality delivery of successful candidates
1. Infosys needed to find a contractor capable of handling a niche functionality of SAP. However, it was proving difficult to source a local candidate with both the necessary technical expertise and immediate availability.
2. Infosys had to deliver an FSCM (Financial Supply Chain Management) solution to their project in Jakarta. However, this technology had not been implemented in this location before.
3. Infosys were struggling to remotely make technical changes to an existing SAP warehouse management system in Shanghai. The development team was based in India and the head office in Jakarta meaning there were language and cultural issues alongside logistical ones.
1. We utilised our network of connections to locate a contractor capable of delivering the project. Not only did we source the individual required, we went above and beyond. Our World Solutions team managed the visa application, we flew the candidate to Jakarta, arranged accommodation and ensured one of our contractors met him at the airport.
2. We hired a FSCM consultant trainer from South Africa and a technical translator. Over a period of six weeks the FSCM consultant instructed the team on how to configure the system and provided video call support thereafter. This significantly reduced the cost to our client as it meant they didn’t need to hire a consultant for SAP Australia until eight months later.
3. We recruited a local developer in Shanghai and a Mandarin speaking developer in Jakarta. The necessary technical changes were made and integration/governance compliance was managed at the competency centre in Jakarta.